Colorado Chapter’s Recent Accomplishments
- Collaborated with the Pediatrics Department at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children’s Hospital of Denver to hold a three day event.
- Sponsored attendees to attend the AAP Legislative Conference, the Special Needs Institute, the School Health Conference and various national AAP committee meetings.
- Improved the school immunization law and added hearing screening to the states newborn screening program.
- Participated in the Primary Care Coalition legislative roundtable and legislative breakfast.
- Worked with the Colorado Children’s campaign, the March of Dimes, the University of Colorado School of Medicine, the Immunization Coalition, the Colorado Trust, and the
- Colorado Collective for Medical Decisions, among other organizations.
- Collaborated with the Health Department in funding the Colorado immunization coordinator, the Immunization registry, the Insurance Commissioner, CHIRP, the Health Care Policy and Financing, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Participated in the Smoke Out and the Silent March Against Gun Violence.
- Successfully placed a pediatrician on a Health Department abstinence education program steering committee who represents the AAP.